Sunday, June 21, 2009

wacko hormones~!

I went back to my doctor on June 13th , and she switched my antifungal again to the strongest Ketoconazole that I haven't had since last spring. She also upped my thyroid to 120mg. I had a lot of fatigue the few few weeks which I could attribute to detox, but eh, who knows at this point. My hair started falling out with abandon about a week ago *sigh* so it's either the increase in thyroid making my hormones go wacko or maybe it's just all part of being 45 and in perimenopause.

I am the strongest I've been, probably ever, mostly from the pilates and or holding yoga poses longer during the BodyFlow classes I take at the Y (http://www.lesmills.com/westcoast/en/members/bodybalance/bodybalance-group-fitness-program.aspx). The pilates take brute strength, some of them, and I can see how I've grown with the program as most of the classes have done just two routines the last 5 months because the instructors are new to teaching BodyFlow. There are now 2 instructors that have been teaching BodyFlow longer, and they mix it up with older routines, which makes it more challenging to use different muscles on those days. But, doing the same routines really allows you to watch your body progress. As a Christian, I'm opposed to what the yoga poses mean, but I haven't found a better exercise program that gives me the stretching and increased flexibility. The Y also waters the classes down to be just that, a stretching class. I've noticed that the instructors don't say "namaste" anymore either. Perhaps it was due to my comment to the Y that they are based on Judeo-Christian values, and yet, saying "namaste" can be translated into "I will follow you", not something God wants for us to follow anyone but Him.

I still T-Tapp when I can motivate myself to workout at home, but that happens maybe once a week. When I go to BodyFlow, I do warm-up with T-Tapp's primary back stretch to unkink my spine and get the neurokenetics going so my nerve to muscle is more optimal. I also put my spine back into alignment with some T-Tapp twist (both moves on this dvd: https://store.t-tapp.com/products/Basic-Workout-Plus.html ). With just these two moves before class, I open up my nervous system more so yes, I'm sweating by the end of the warm-up. T-Tapp's also given me fabulous body awareness to make minute body alignment adjustments that pay off big. I push my knee to little toe that others in the class probably cannot see. Also a tucked tush, ribs up and really pushing the muscles in all these moves while in alignment really makes you sweat~! If you let your body go to the point of least resistance, of course it will be a much easier workout, and most people just don't even realize they are letting their bodies do just that.

For the BodyFlow floor work, I always do T-Tapp's Organs-in-place (http://www.t-tapp.com/articles/flatstomach/ ). It's a really quick move that keeps you from developing a rounded tummy. I also always take my Pyruvyl Glycine spray with me to give myself more endurance (https://store.t-tapp.com/products/Pyruvyl-Glycine.html ) I noticed a huge difference in endurance when I started taking it 5 years ago during workouts, and it's helpful in burning fat as well--another reason I sweat more too~!

For moving and sweating as much as I do it's really frustrating that I'm not at my goal size like I was last year. So, I'm praying for hormonal balance and a working thyroid~!

No comments: