Saturday, March 14, 2009

It's been a whole year~!

I started my anti-yeast regimen a whole year ago last week. My doctor took some blood for tests and I got to see where my levels are. Good news is that I do, in general, feel better, but the bad news is that I'm far from healed. My yeast levels are still high and some of my food allergy levels that were low went up. Some had improved so it's not all bad, but still not what I was hoping for after a year's worth of treatment. My doctor switched my enzymes to Ortho Molecular Products Ortho Digestzyme. They have some stomach acid helpers and liver bile extracts. She said one of the biggest problems is my food is not digesting far enough along in my stomach. My age certainly plays a role in the length of time for healing, and that I did not get into this situation in a short time either. Life would not be so challenging if the American diet was more um, ethnic, lol. Chinese and Mexican foods have been staples since I can eat corn and rice. Some things I truly don't miss, but there are times I do want those forbidden foods, which for other people don't pose a problem - namely dairy, wheat and eggs~!

I've also been fighting illness the last several weeks. My oldest had the flu for 2 weeks, and although I never got the flu as he had, I sure did feel the fight. My immune system seemed to hold on as I fed it oil of oregano, vitamin c and elderberry. I also took as many FIR saunas as I could squeeze in. This past week, I've had terrible sinus pressure, which I have since found others with the same symptoms. It's another virus going around I suppose. My middle son has that one as well. I put ASAP silver drops into my eyes which seemed to brighten them up overnight. I'm still congested, but hopefully it will pass and not turn into any kind of infection. My doctor put me on a stronger anti-fungal for a month hoping that would help me boost my immune system as well.

The weather will turn warm again next week into the 80s. That will do my body good as I do LOVE the heat~!

No comments: