Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Why use Magnesium Oil

I found a product a year and half ago from my T-Tapp friends that has absolutely made a HUGE difference in my ability to sleep like I did 20 years ago. So much so that I have to tell you about it. I don't get anything from it other than knowing I may have made a difference in someone's else's ability to get some good sleep~! I can sleep through the night and get a good nights rest all the time. It's called magnesium oil. I have gotten the gallon and soaked my feet a few times a week while watching tv for 15-30 minutes. If you put the oil in a 1-gallon rubbermaid take-a-long that has a lid, you can use the same oil for about 30 days. So even though a gallon is $45, it goes a long way. I'm still on my first gallon. I later learned you can also use the oil another way, which I prefer in the winter especially. You put one ounce of magnesium oil in warm water, which the gallon would last 64 times with this method. I like this way also because you can also stretch your oil farther, because you're not wasting when you aren't using the oil every day.

The few times I felt a surreal sense of calmness. Magnesium does calm your nerves. It will make the dead skin on your feel peel, but that only lasts a couple weeks too.

I have taken calcium magnesium tablets and even used a powdered form of magnesium for 4 years but this is so much better~! The magnesium absorbs into your body so much easier. I have also used the magnesium gel when I didn't have time for a foot soak and it works well too. You know you've got too much with the clinical symptom of diarrhea as a target marker, so not kidding, lol. It's pretty easy to know when to back off with less.

Here's where I buy mine at a really good price compared to others on the internet: http://www.health-and-wisdom.com/magnesium.htm You can call the owner Joan, and she will answer any questions too.

Most of the population is magnesium decifient because how many of us eat raw pumpkin seeds, spinach and swiss chard in large amounts? And deficiency causes such a wide variety of issues:

Musculo-Skeletal Symptoms: osteoporosis, chronic fatigue and weakness, muscle spasms, tics, tremors, and restlessness.

Cardiovascular Symptoms: atherosclerosis, cardiac arrhythmias, sudden death, and vasospasms.
Female Issues: PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome) and eclampsia.

Psychiatric Symptoms: irritability, depression, and bipolar disorders.

Neurological Symptoms: migraine headaches, excessive noise and pain sensitivity.

Endocrine Symptoms: insulin resistance.

Here's a great article on deficiency: http://www.carolyndean.com/content/view/67/47/

4 comments:

Casey Leigh said...

Yay Kate! I'm so glad I found you in the blogosphere. :)

SG1631 said...

Glad I found your blog. My sisters & I have hypothyroidism. The last 10 years have been a nightmare for me, literally; I could never get 8 hours of uninteruppted sleep.

Now I know what to do. Thank you very much!

Michelle Custodio said...

Magnesium oil is specially useful to calming your nerves. It's effective and safe.

Marcy said...

You can learn all about magnesium in the facebook group "The Magnesium Advocacy group". It's run by professionals and tells you all about maggie and it's co factors and many other things.